Dr Jimmy Mbelwa in summary
Jimmy T. Mbelwa completed his B.Sc. in Computer Science and M.Sc. in Health Informatics at the University of Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in 2004 and 2010 respectively. He received a PhD degree in Computer Science and Technology from Beijing Institute of Technology, China in 2018.
Dr Mbelwa is currently a Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. He teaches several courses on Linux system administration, machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data analytics to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. He has been involved in various projects that are aimed at designing, developing and implementing information systems. He has published his research works at international conferences and journals. His research interests include information systems, digital health, computer vision and machine learning.
- Mbelwa, J.T., Zhao, Q. & Wang, F. Visual tracking tracker via object proposals and co-trained kernelized correlation filters. Vis Comput 36, 1173–1187 (2020)
- P. Binamungu, and J. T. Mbelwa: Empirical Distribution of Code Reviews in DHIS2 Repositories and the Impact of Code Reviews on the Popularity of DHIS2 Repositories on GitHub. 2020 African Conference on Software Engineering (ACSE 2020), CEUR-WS.org, Nairobi, Kenya, September 2020.
- Mbelwa J.T., Kimaro H.C., Mussa B. (2019) Acceptability and Use of Mobile Health Applications in Health Information Systems: A Case of eIDSR and DHIS2 Touch Mobile Applications in Tanzania. In: Nielsen P., Kimaro H.C. (eds) Information and Communication Technologies for Development. Strengthening Southern-Driven Cooperation as a Catalyst for ICT4D. ICT4D 2019. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, vol 551. Springer, Cham
- Chambua, J., Niu, Z., Yousif, A., Mbelwa, J. Tensor Factorization Method based on Review Text Semantic Similarity for Rating Prediction. Expert Systems with Applications, 2018.
- Ma J, Zhao Q, Lv P, Mbelwa J T, Liu H, Zhang J. Online Video Object Segmentation Based on Region and Edge Consistency. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing, Shanghai, China, January 15-18, 2018.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Information and Communication Technologies
University of Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 33335, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Mobile: +255 (0) 754 807 839