Dr Salome H. Maro in summary
I am a Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in CoICT. My main areas of research interest are software traceability, software development processes and program comprehension. I hold a PhD from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden (2020), has an MSc in Software Engineering from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden (2014) and a BSc in Computer Science from the University of Dar es salaam (2010).
Apart from software engineering, I also have a passion for education research and have participated in various projects around the E-Learning domain.
- Maro, S., Anjorin, A., Wohlrab, R., & Steghöfer, J. P. (2016, August). Traceability maintenance: Factors and guidelines. In Proceedings of the 31st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (pp. 414-425).
- Maro, S., Steghöfer, J. P., & Staron, M. (2018). Software traceability in the automotive domain: Challenges and solutions. Journal of Systems and Software, 141, 85-110
- Maro, S., & Steghöfer, J. P. (2016, September). Capra: A configurable and extendable traceability management tool. In 2016 IEEE 24th International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE) (pp. 407-408). IEEE.
- Maro, S., Steghöfer, J. P., Hayes, J., Cleland-Huang, J., & Staron, M. (2018, August). Vetting automatically generated trace links: What information is useful to human analysts?. In 2018 IEEE 26th International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE) (pp. 52-63). IEEE.
- Maro, S., Sundklev, E., Persson, C. O., Liebel, G., & Steghöfer, J. P. (2019, March). Impact of gamification on trace link vetting: a controlled experiment. In International Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (pp. 90-105). Springer, Cham.
- Maro, S., Steghöfer, J. P., Anjorin, A., Tichy, M., & Gelin, L. (2015, October). On integrating graphical and textual editors for a UML profile based domain-specific language: an industrial experience. In Proceedings of the 2015 ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Software Language Engineering (pp. 1-12).
- Maro, S., Steghofer, J. P., Knauss, E., Horkof, J., Kasauli, R., Wohlrab, R., ... & Alexandersson, R. (2020). Managing Traceability Information Models: Not such a simple task after all?. IEEE Software.
Supervision of research students
Currently, I am supervising 2 PhD students who are researching in Information Systems and Data Science.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Dar es Salaam
CoICT Kijitonyama Campus
Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road
P.O. Box 33335, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Mobile: +255 (0) 657 458 388
Office Location: CoICT Block D, Room# 15