Ms Jacqueline Damas
Jacqueline Damas is an Assistant Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, College of Information and Communication Technologies (CoICT), UDSM, Tanzania. Since April 2014, she joined the Technical University of Dresden, Germany as a Research Associate majoring in microwave photonics systems realization on printed circuit boards. The focus is on the radio over fibre transmission at the interface between microwave and photonics techniques for high-speed and microwave generation, processing and conversion as well as the distribution and transmission of millimetre wave signals via broadband optical links.
Jacqueline received a Master of Science degree by thesis specialized in lightning protection of overhead transmission lines in 2008 from the University of Dar es Salaam. In her thesis, she developed a model for surges and lightning strike overvoltage protection for the overhead telephone line in Tanzania. Prior to her MSc programmes, Jacquline graduated with a BSc degree in Electrical Engineering from the Makerere University Uganda, 2002.
Jacqueline’s research interest is on simulation and design in the areas of Microwave Photonics, Optical Fiber Communication, Optoelectronics, Mobile Communication, Electronics Engineering, RF Engineering, Lightning Protection, Electromagnetic waves induction and propagation on metals and Electromagnetic Compatibility. She has publications in several international peer-reviewed journals.
- J. Damas, N. Neumann, K. Wolf and D. Plettemeier: Design and Fabrication of Integrated Planar Antenna Array on Glass Substrate for WiGig Communications. 8th International Conference on Antennas and Electromagnetic Systems, Marrakech, Morocco, 2021.
- J. Damas, N. Neumann, M. Umar, K. Wolf and D. Plettemeier: Compact 60 GHz Base Station with Planar Antenna Array on Glass Substrate. 13th German Microwave Conference 2020 (GeMiC 2020), Cottbus, Germany, March, 2020.
- Umar, M. Laabs, J. Damas, N. Neumann and D. Plettemeier: Analysis of Substrate Parameters' Variations in a PCB-based 60 GHz GCPW Marchand Balun Design. 14th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2020), Copenhagen, Denmark, March, 2020.
- Sohrabi, J. Damas, M. Umar, S. Sabouri, N. Neumann, K. Jamshidi and D. Plettemeier: 60 GHz Massive MIMO Transceiver Design for Base Station of Radio over Fiber System. 2018 Fifth International Conference on Millimeter-Wave and Terahertz Technologies (MMWaTT), Iran, December, 2018.
- Damas, N. Neumann and D. Plettemeier: Miniaturized Central Station Realization incorporating multi-Gbps Modulation Schemes for Intermediate Frequency over Fiber Downlink Transmission. 18. ITG-Fachtagung Photonische Netze, Leipzig, Germany, May, 2017.
- Damas, N. Neumann and D. Plettemeier: Cost Effective Printed Circuit Board Intermediate Frequency over Fiber Central Station. International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, November, 2015.
- Damas, N. Neumann and D. Plettemeier: Printed Circuit Board Intermediate Frequency over Fiber Central Station. The 15th International Symposium on Microwave and Optical Technology, Dresden, Germany, June, 2015.
- Damas and N. H. Mvungi: The analysis results of lightning overvoltages by ATP EMTP for lightning protection design of a telephone line. IX International Symposium on Lightning Protection, Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, November, 2007.
- Damas, N. H. Mvungi and M. J. Manyahi: Lightning strike on overhead telephone line: A case study of Tanzania Telecommunication Company Limited (TTCL). AFRICON 2007, Windhoek, Namibia, September, 2007.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Dar es Salaam
CoICT Kijitonyama Campus
Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road
P.O. Box 33335, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Mobile: +255 (0) 712 812 157
Office locations: CoICT Block A Room# 107