In the fulfilment of its vision and mission, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is committed to undertaking the following activities:
- Providing academic training by teaching non-degree and degree programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Conducting research in the field of computer science and related fields in collaboration with non-computing fields in line with the UDSM mission to promote a multidisciplinary approach to research.
- Offering consultancy services in the field of Computer Science and related applications domains such as health, education, agriculture, business, and governance.
- Training research students at Masters and PhD level.
- Solve societal problems and challenges by application of innovative ICT-based solutions.
- Naturing/ mentoring students and junior academic staff who aspire to venture into ICT-related businesses or becoming researchers in the field.
- Providing short courses and professional training for in-service personnel in the field of ICT and related application domains.